Thursday, June 26, 2014

FEATURED: MORGAN ELISE




My name is Morgan Elise. I started becoming interested in blogging when I was thirteen years old. I had no idea what blogging really was, nor did I know how many people were doing it. I was just blogging random Youtubes, some snap shots of my cat or pictures from a movie I just watched. I had the old polka dot template and gadgets strewn all over the place.

I made lots of blogs for fun, then gave up on them. In 2011 I became reintroduced to blogging. My creative juices were flowing, and I wanted to try again! I wanted to be a successful blogger, I wanted to become a photographer and graphics designer. But... I didn't know anything. AT ALL. I stared in awe at other bloggers' designs, wondering how the heck they did that. I didn't know anything about HTML at that point, but I wanted to learn. One of my friends knew a little bit, and she introduced me to some basics. After I got the basic basics down, I started emailing other bloggers that I admired, asking them how they did an image link in HTML. If I got a response email, it would not contain the answer I was looking for. Then I came across a blogger, Abby from Restless, and she helped me learn, step by step, how to make an image link. I was thrilled and oh so thankful I had found someone to help me. I still am very grateful. It's amazing how one act of kindness can actually change the course of someone's life. ** Note from Ellie: This is so true! You never know how much of an impact you can be on people, even in the little things!** By learning that basic image link step, I was able to learn and understand more HTML which still helps me to this day. In 2012, I started a group blog. I didn't have any real manifesto for it except that I wanted it to be a place to share arts, crafts and photography with other girls. A few weeks ago, I noticed the blog had become quite vacant and the design didn't look right. I started having the idea of a new purpose for the blog. Inspired by the lack of resources I had when I first started, I decided to make it a place for beginning photographers, graphic designers and bloggers. Though I am by no means a pro, I know enough to help beginners move forward. I do a blog/HTML/design tutorial every Tuesday, along with photography tips and tricks twice a month. I have added several other features, but my purpose is to help others. Like the girls who helped me. 

---

I believe that everyone has an important story to tell, no matter where you are in your life. If you have a story to tell or a journey to share, please let me know! I would love to feature as many people as I can on this blog. :) Just email me at unfoldingpassions(at)gmail(dot)com or click on the "Submit" button in the sidebar for more details! 

Also, I need your help with sharing this blog + message! If you feel inclined to (and I would appreciate it greatly!) share the link to this blog on social media. All of my links are in the sidebar. Feel free to tag me in it so that I can see it! Thank you thank you thank you!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a part of this community!