Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WHAT IS COMING




My parents + siblings moved down the East Coast a week ago. These past few weeks have been a whirlwind as they have prepared for their big move + as I tried to spend as much time with them as I could before they left. Therefore, this space took a little break. But I’m glad to be back! :) 

I’ve talked a lot about the vision behind Unfolding Passions, what drives it, what it’s about. But practically, what is Unfolding Passions? What am I going to do with it? So today, to keep myself accountable + to inform you all of what I hope to do with Unfolding Passions (with your help, of course!) I’m going to share a few “tangible” goals of mine. 

1. The Book. This is obvious, because I’ve talked about it, but in the Spring of 2015, I, Lord willing, will be able to put a tangible, “smell the new book smell” book in your hands. This is will be a collection of photographs and words all highlighting certain individuals who are embodying the message of Unfolding Passions. I’m thinking it’s going to be a good coffee table book, but like, the kind you can put in your room and your friends will say, “Hey! That looks like a COOL coffee table book, not a lame one!” That’s the goal anyway. :)

2. The Conference. Oh friends, this is huge. I’ve always been a big dreamer... but this is big. My hope + prayer is that one day, I can host a conference with a bunch of cool people speaking/attending and we can just talk about Jesus, life, being passionate, and being an entrepreneur in the creative industry. Doesn’t that sound like fun? I think so. 

3. Jumpstarting businesses + endeavors. I want to be able to provide materials for 16-22 year olds who are interested in venturing out into the world of being an entrepreneur. Things like pamphlets, e-books, seminars, practical things that people can look at and say, “Oh! That makes sense! This is how I run the business side of business!” I also hope to talk a lot about the “You Do You” philosophy and how to be truly authentic + creatively driven in whatever you are doing. 

4. This online community. I hope to see this online space only grow and change as the rest of Unfolding Passions grows and changes. Maybe there will be an online forum where people can ask questions, answer questions, meet people who are just like them. Maybe we’ll do an online classroom, teaching and empowering people all over the world! 

I have so many plans for this place and I am praying over each one. This is something that has been heavily laid on my heart, thank you all for your support and involvement. You make it happen and I’m grateful. :)

---

I believe that everyone has an important story to tell, no matter where you are in your life. If you have a story to tell or a journey to share, please let me know! I would love to feature as many people as I can on this blog. :) Just email me at unfoldingpassions(at)gmail(dot)com or click on the "Submit" button in the sidebar for more details! 

Also, I need your help with sharing this blog + message! If you feel inclined to (and I would appreciate it greatly!) share the link to this blog on social media. All of my links are in the sidebar. Feel free to tag me in it so that I can see it! Thank you thank you thank you!! 

3 comments:

Alexxus K. Farmer said...

rad stuff you've got planned there, girl. excited to see where the Lord takes you. ♥

Anonymous said...

This all sounds really exciting. keep up the good work, girl.

Catherine Grace said...

I'm so excited for this girl !

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a part of this community!